Monday, May 10, 2010

Nope, Not Gonna

I was just thinking about arguably the most disgusting conversation I ever had with Joel (as an aside, I'm curious if you remember what conversation I'm talking about, Joel). I only use the word arguably because maybe I forgot about something worse. I mean, it is me and Joel.

i'M NOT GOING ANY FARTHER ON THAT LINE OF THOUGHT.

Whoops. Started typing that and didn't realize caps lock was on. I'm leaving it like that though. Now I'm like Johnny Truant!

After barreling my way through the actual series of Dead Like Me some months ago, this weekend I sat down and watched the movie. The first half was fucking awful. Seriously folks, next to nothing about it was redeeming. The second half was actually fairly funny and, through some strange feat, made the first half bearable. Here's my big problem though: two actresses are entirely different. Sure, one of them was only the alternate appearance of the main character (watch the show (or don't)), but the other (somewhat) constantly assaulted my vision with her insolent visage and her indolent acting. Basically there were three similarities: female, blonde, and cast in the role of Daisy. I really enjoyed Daisy in the actual series; here, I just wanted to slaughter this actress that so capably slaughtered the character (perhaps a truer kind of character assassin). Also, Mandy Patinkin was gone too, but they just entirely replaced his character (with Henry Ian Cusick), so that was at least acceptable, if not too bad.

That was long. Well, for this stuff anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Henry Ian Cusick isn't Patinkin, but I enjoy hymn.

    I don't remember it exactly, but I remember it was something offensive and we were well aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, once these patterns manifest, you can see the beauty sink in once you take the time. Then all of a sudden it becomes easy for the brain to change the same way that it did when you were a kid. Then happiness cannot be pinned down, it is evasive. It's the same way that in the middle of conflicts, we tend to overrate overrating the differences at the side. If you look at the whole picture, there's a choice to say something. And then all of a sudden, it reveals itself that happiness also means keeping your back straight et cetera, et cetera. But most importantly, you need the brain to weigh emotion and experimental evidence. You don't have to like it, but a mirror can stop us from being so unbelievably disrespectful. (Applause.) Thank you very much. It's just that in the middle there was a guy named Howard. I'll give you a glimpse of his wisdom. He told me to look into the mirror will not get something bad fixed et cetera, et cetera.

    ReplyDelete