Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HPPD

"Huh? What's that?"

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't address something nobody had any idea I didn't address until they read this sentence. Near the end of Dead Like Me: Life After Death (the movie), one of the characters reads a poem that, despite being almost insufferably corny, is kind of heartbreaking in context and delivery.

"No, seriously, what is that?"

I read a bunch of stuff about cryonics earlier today for no raisin.

"Tell me what it is, dammit!"
"Look, quit being pushy. It's not like you're not me."
"What?"
"You know what it is. Or at least you would if you were real."
"Huh?"
"I banish thee!"

I'll now recount a dream I had last night.

I was looking out the front window of whatever house I was in when I saw a cat chasing a rabbit. The rabbit jumped on the car parked in the driveway of the house across the street from where I was and got its front legs into the gutter, where it just dangled. The cat vanished. Then the rabbit began to grow until it was bigger than the car it had jumped off of. During this process of absurd growth, the gutter basically exploded off the house.

That's it. How do you not realize that's a dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment